Friday, August 11, 2006

A gastronomic week of tickling my taste buds Part II

Ok I said I'd rest for the night but I cant help but do a quick blog of what I have found! For some reason I felt everything is connected.

Ok this Part II

I went the Halal Food Expo! Seriously we should have this more often. This is like a gastronome heaven of finger food.

Sorry for blogging so late should've blogged so some of ya'll who havent been can go...

Free tasting of food ranging from Mee Goreng to Keropoks.

As you enter on the left is Indo Mee and to your right is Mee Sedap. I think so.

I tried all of em.. Indo Mee - Teppanyaki, Hokkien, Sechuan which I thought all tasted the same. Indo Mee duck was probably the only one that actually had taste.. yumm.. Indo Mee - salted fish which I was at first ecstatic! but hey it wasnt salty at all.. tasted like indo mee original. :( i'm not a big fan of salted fish but when cooked properly either with beansprout or with blackbean sauce or beancurd is top notch! So dont understand estimate the powerful taste of salted fish... of come to think of it I just realised as I am writing this..

Salted Fish goes well with anything that starts with BEAN.. hahaha

Okay moving on.. Mee Sedap apparently was much tastier than Indo Mee. A friend today recommended that I should try the Mee Sedap soto.. Maybe I will. I try to avoid Mee goreng most of the time again for health reasons... yeah yeah I love eating but I still need to enjoy but dont overdo! Yee haa... but this time is a different reason.. free food and tasting for enjoyment hahaha.. I didnt get any though but apparent my friend said its cheaper than outside for a buck a packet plus a free bowl! hahaha siuk jua tu... free stuff.. klu dulu di supermarket bali mee kah milo kah always have present at the cashier.. now nada lagi... :( reminescing the good old times.

ok enough with the mee already! hahahaha

Went over to the sausage palour! I'd like to call it that way. A range of sausages and burgers from BMC to RBC's. On occasion I like to eat the BMC franks the one with the cheese inside... it can be a bit salty at times but oklah.. so we did a taster... they cooked the normal one and the mini cocktail one... The cocktails one are soooooo cute.... its so cute that it make you wanna eat it more... Apparently after tasting it, we prefer the smaller one than the big one. From now on am no longer buying the normal one. Its Cocktail BMC franks for me. The smaller one taste better maybe more cheese in a small parcel... try it and let me know. I could be wrong.

Then off to RBC's - tried the dark coloured franks with reluctance. Its rendang rupanya... Oooo i c.... oklah... boleh lah... then there's also one with cheese inside but the cheese kinda of everywhere on the hot pan.. there's no more cheese left! but to my biggest suprise! Apparently, they have that JUMBO FRANK that I love at Empire! Wey hey... so now I know .. I dont have to wait to eat at Empire anymore... I can just buy em Jumbo Franks - grill em and serve with right up with a sausage bun! To cook a Frank esp a jumbo frank its always yummier at least I think when you see on one side of the frank is slightly chard but not burnt.

All that eating i do however need a drink. We stumbled upon the nestle booth selling yogurt drink. Not until we arrived there, everybody there went into a mini frenzy asking 'ih boleh cuba kah?' hahahah we were getting the lady to drop more in our mini cups. I havent seen that flavours out yet so this was new for me too.. Melon with guava or was it strawberry with guava and apple... either way, it was refreshing! I hope they will be out in the supermarket soon.. am getting bored of the mango flavour dah.. heheheh

Oh and the milo and nescafe booth! hahahahaha Went to one corner to fill my cup with Milo and went to the other corner to fill it right up with Nescafe! I got a cup of Neslo! Yum - Brunei version of a cup of Mocha! Expresso Neslo! hahhaha

Ok enough drinking continued on for more food... there was roti prata, fish dory curry, some other curry, another booth of keropok lekor, fish balls I think... kuih bombs... all only stuff.. by this time.. I limited the oily food and succumb to just testing biskuts and this kuih something which is similar to a brunei traditional biskut laced with sugar icing.

The fried and dried shredded crab sticks was actually pretty good and makes a good snack food and keropok.. There were more dried food like the usual prawn crackers, fish crackers. Of all the selections I tried the mussel cracker pretty interest has the mussel smell and flavour. Nya they use original mussels... though at one point it smelt like oysters hahahaha...

So there you go...that was another part of my gastronomic week.. For those who went tell me your stories... My friend said on the nestle booth they have ice cream but when I went they werent any... It was definitely a lunch expo on its own!

No comments: