Friday, August 11, 2006

A gastronomic week of tickling my taste buds Part I

Phewww.... What a week I had. My dear friend c tau gaban asked me yesterday how come I havent blogged about food much... Honestly, the blog has been in my head for so long but I've been too busy throughout the adventure that by the time I got home I am so pooped!

I think my list is too long and I truly need to have the urge to let it all out.

Okay over the last week let me list down the delicious food that tops my palate.

Will start with an oyster weekend at the Empire! I know I know I aint eating nothing but plates and plates of oysters at the Empire. As my Malaysian friend said, for the amount I ate, it is definitely value for money! You will be surprised to know how little I take advantage of the menu at Empire Seafood Night buffet.

Appetizers: 1 plate of Oysters eaten as it is just with lemon. One slurp and am off to heaven!

Main course 1: One spoonful of duck fried rice, 2 extremely large sausage! Best sausage ever! and a handful of vegetables preferables potatoes

Main course 2: More plates of Oysters. This time with fresh chilli dipping with a tinge of GREEN tabasco! and more lemon

If you have a choice of tabasco sauce, the GREEN one has a better twang!

Ok make that 2 plates of Oysters! I think...

Main course 3: One medium done steak <-- hahaha only in Brunei have medium done! medium rare still got blood... eeee.. as much as I want to I better avoid it for health reasons.

REST and chat some more...

Main course 4: Soup! best eaten on its own after meal. Who says you have to start appetizers and soup and then main course... no way...The joy of eating is to eat as you please and in any order you please. Though at least have common courtesy of how you eat with proper etiqutte and not slobber... ewwww!

I always think soup in the middle of the meal helps to bring down the food and makes you enjoy a buffet more.

Oh! dont forget the crusty garlic bread by the soup warmer! Its not the typical garlic bread looks more like a biscotti. Even as hard as one but it lovely.

Eat it with sundried tomatoes and cheese both from the appetizers section; former in a jar and later on the cheese boards. Make sure you drizzle a little of the olive oil from the sundried tomatoes. Trust me one bite and you feel like you're in italy! Well a Brunei version of Italy! hahaha only for a very brief moment is good enough!

Soup done! Garlic bread done! I still have more rooms for more oysters!

Main Course 5: Another round of Oysters <--- by now a smaller portion

.... wow!! full but still okay.. My Malaysian friend was suprised I wasnt as full as her.. Hey cmon.. I havent really eaten much of the main course except for Oysters!

By the way, yes I have this obsession for oysters.. You can however eat other menus like grilled chicken, lamb, beef and many more buffet menu... not forgetting the boiled crab and boiled prawn and mussels... You can also eat a choose-your-own menu of teppanyaki! Not my biggest preference... it adds more loads on my part.. at least I think... but for you who havent tried it is kinda cool watching them cook in front of you. hahahaha

Now for the best part of the meal: Dessert

An array of chocolate menu's... am not big cake person... I just pick and choose... Fruits is more preferable... of which I normally take the garnish!!! wooopsss.. hey the garnish comes with gooseberries, blackberries... hhmmmm yummy and sweet and rasberry... Take a small portion of chocolate mousse.. take the berry garnish off some cake. Take a dip and wow... sweet chocolate meets sour sweet rasberry is just SWELL!

Good food and good company definitely makes the evening more meaningful!

I am kinda of tired after a long day and a long week. Gonna take a rest and watch some movie on astro...so I'll continue on a different blog soon.


Tell me your best menu's at the Empire. I would wanna know! so I can give it a try! hehe!

No comments: