Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What to do when the server and computer is down?


Yesterday was one of em days when I cannot access to the Internet or my office emails at work… Yikes! Good and Bad. Good cos I get to relax from checking my emails and having to sieve through the junk mails. Bad.. I got work to do or things to approve which I am unable to do so. Then again hey, I can’t do much so why bother. However can’t help but feel helpless. I’m not a 24/7 computer person but yet I have this urge that you need to access something over the internet or at least do something using the computer. Aaaaaaa does that mean I’m addicted? The feeling is weird that’s for sure.

So I decided to keep me self occupied since I can’t do much with my computer for time being. Unfortunately all my docs in the server, which I am unable to access. Dang! Lesson learned keep backups of immediate work in pen drive or C: drive. Hahaha. Back ups all in the server. Over reliance on the server for my case!

Anyways, things I did today that does not involve the computer:

1. Occasional approvals over the fax. No emails resort to faxes or telephones.
2. FILING! Urgh my most dreaded things to do but hey I’ll take the server not working as my sign to clean my desk.
3. SPRING CLEANING! No doubt I have been procrastinating this. My piles and piles of newspapers, odd papers that need filings, reports needs to go in its proper places, research papers! Aaaaaaaa.. At times you have so many things around you don’t even know where to file em. You wish they would just magicly disappear and reappear as and when you need em. Also throwing out or recycling unwanted papers.
4. READ the newspaper piles – throw or recycle the pile after that.
5. Pre Blog – After tired reading the lastest and past news, filing while listening to my ipod, I decided to Blog this using word. I’ll upload later.
6. EXERCISE – Reading past pelita, there was a section on ‘Bersenam di Pejabat’. Might as well give it a try. More like weight lifting books on a chair. Then again something to do.
7. Occasionally check if the server if okay. Dang still not. Okay.. What to do next.
8. Munch munch on some snacks include 2 Rambutans – apparently freshly picked in Kampung, Keropok and some mineral Sehat Water.
9. Read magazines lying around!
10. Pray
11. Organise my folders and C drive and pen drive.
12. Chit chat with colleagues

All this organising and spring cleaning is really tiring and can really take up so much time. Seriously! Nevertheless am glad my table for now is no longer an eye sore.

What would you without the computer in the office?

No comments: